Access e.V. is a non-profit, independent research institute. Access is a member of the Zuse community. 60 engineers and scientists work on basic research as well as industry-related issues concerning the forming of metallic materials. The focus is on casting processes, but additive manufacturing processes and joining techniques involving melting are also investigated.
Access Brandenburg works together with Rolls-Royce Deutschland and the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg in research projects to accelerate prototype development. To this end, Access Brandenburg is focusing on the one hand on rapid and accurate defect prediction using simulation-based and artificial intelligence approaches to reduce development cycles. On the other hand, the process acceleration of the investment casting route is being investigated using additive processes in the area of model and mold production. The casting technology will be implemented in the TechCenter at the Aachen site. For this project, we are looking for new colleagues who want to accelerate the prototype development of the future together!
We would like to fill the following position with a competent and motivated person as soon as
possible. Basic knowledge of assembling aluminium profiles and designing hardware interfaces is a prerequisite as well as good knowledge of the German and English languages. Advanced knowledge in the following areas is desirable.
- studies in the fields of electrical engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, or qualification with a comparable focus
- First professional experience in the field of assemblies is an advantage, this can also have been done as part of a working student activity
- You have good German and English skills, both spoken and written
- A confident demeanour and strong communication skills round off your profile
- IT affinity and interest in new digital solutions
As a Werkstudent you will have the following tasks:
- You are responsible for assembling and constructing laboratory setups including the mechanical framework and integration of industrial sensors like cameras and 3D scanners
- Your tasks include design, specification, integration of sensors, and connecting to a workstation
- You will design different interfaces, for example, interfaces for connecting different sensors onto a profile
- You like experimental work and have a high affinity to hardware as well as software
- Exciting tasks in an industry-related research environment with direct contact with the aerospace industry
- Participation in the development of a new location in Cottbus.
- The position is available immediately
We look forward to receiving your online application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Syed Ali Zafar/ Mr. Michael Mathes.